Friday, August 10, 2012

The Goodbye

Saying goodbye to my host family was harder than I thought it would be. We had just finished Ftour and I had to say goodnight/goodbye to them because only my Dad would be up in the morning. The second I hugged my cute little host cousin Jehen, I started crying. It was in that instant that she was holding on to me that I realized I was saying goodbye to my family, and that I probably wouldn't see them for a long time if not ever. In that moment it all hit me-I was going to miss the sounds and smells of the house, my daily routine, my host mom taking care of me as if I was her own child, and the love that the whole family embraced me with. Finally, here are some pictures of my host family! I posted one of my favorite quotes below that fits this particular post because living with a host family allowed me the opportunity to really experience the daily life of a Muslim Moroccan family and that's something that a hotel or dorm room couldn't give me. I'm so lucky to have been able to meet such wonderful people and be loved by them as if I was their own kid!

“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” — Aldous Huxley


My host cousin Jeehen, basically my bestfriend and Arabic tutor! 

Host cousin, Siltan. 


My host sister Malika!

Aunt Loubna

Host Mom and hos cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment